A good landscape design can help you achieve a relaxing ambience and beautiful garden. Creating a design for your front yard can be fun and challenging especially if you are artistic enough. There are various ideas for small backyards and front yards and they can be done by beginners in landscaping. You can do it on a budget if you know how to do it right. Or contact Landscapers Sutherland Shire and get professional help.
- Flowers – One of the most common landscaping ideas for small front yards is to plant low flowering plants as they will bloom for a long time. If you love to spend time in your garden, then one good landscaping idea for your front yard would be to plant flowers. These flowers are available in every variety and you can also easily plant low lying varieties of these plants. Some of the flowers that you can plant include daffodils, freesias, lavender, lilies, sweet peas, blue violets, dahlias, tulips, sunflowers and many more.
- Paths and Stones – landscaping ideas for the front yard should also include pathways. You can plant large-sized flowering plants along with short stem plants in the pathway. You can also line these pathways up with small pots filled with soil and water. The outcome of your landscaping ideas for the front yard landscape can be a well-landscaped pathway that enhances the beauty of your home. You can line these pathways up by using large rock and stone pieces or you can line them up with different types of flowering plants.
- Decking and Patios – this is an excellent landscaping idea for front yards. If you have the space, decking and patios are the best ideas. You can line your backyard’s up with large planters filled with hydrangeas, fruit trees and vegetables. You can also create a beautiful design with various types of flowering plants on your deck and patio.
- Turf – this is one of the most popular landscaping ideas. You can use turf when creating a nice landscape. You can plant low-lying grasses like ryegrass, bluegrass, fescue and zoysia in your front yard. If you do not want to use grass, you can also create an attractive lawn with short grass, aromatic herbs, grass carpets and a water system. If you live in a cold climate, you can choose to plant rye, oats, corn and clover on the bottom of your grass and allow them to grow up to six feet high.
- Shrubs – there are different kinds of shrubs available for landscaping purposes. Some require a lot of maintenance while others are easier to care for. You can find some that need watering once a week and some that need trimming once a month. For those that require more maintenance, you can purchase organic landscaping shrubs and trim them regularly. If you want a shrub that requires less maintenance, you can purchase organic woody shrubs that require very little pruning.
- Trees – you can create an attractive landscape with trees in your front yard. You can buy evergreens, deciduous and tropical trees. However, you should take care when planting trees. Make sure that the soil that is surrounding the tree is drained properly and mulched beneath it. Also, make sure that you do not plant too close together as they might cause too much heat or winter.
Other landscaping ideas for the front yard include flower gardening. You can have artificial plants or natural plants in your front yard. Artificial plants are best suited for the front yard because they are easier to maintain than natural plants. Natural plants are also good, but they require more attention. Some of the plants you can choose include bamboo fountains, palms, and fruit trees such as grapefruits, mandarins and aconites.…